Monday, June 7, 2010

I'm back!

Ok, again I apologize for the neglect. Life is just getting in the way! :)

I am still just as passionate about helping women who have a desire to learn more about VBACs. I want all women to be informed about the birthing process.

That is one thing that has changed me since having my VBAC is just really becoming more informed about everything. I grimmace when I hear of people who just accept everything the so called "professionals" tell them without even doing research or questioning. And when I hear a woman say "well, I have to have a c-section with this one" there is just so much I want to ask and inform her of.

I would love to hear from you what led you to desire a VBAC and how did you make an informed decision?

2 comments:

  1. Glad to see you are back at the blogging! I am 9 days away from my due date. I will be trying for a VBAC in Portland and am very excited about the opportunity. What an interesting road it has been though. A friend passed along the link to your blog. Thanks for your efforts and information. Can't wait to read more from you.
    What helped me decide to try for a VBAC? Personal research online and books!

    I blog most often at:
    http://www.twinmamaloves.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Megan, I came across your blog while researching VBAC's on google. I had a cesarean with my second child due to footling breech presentation (I was not given a choice due to the risks) and 5 years later I'm expecting baby #3 for this September. The hospital at my pre-birth appointment basically told me that I could choose whether or not I wanted to labour because I already "had the scar". I do not see the OB until next week and I'm on a waiting list for a midwife. I'm a little scared because I have never had a normal birth without interventions (my first one was not a section but included everything but..) I have been researching and asking more questions than I ever have about this stuff and have been reassured that the benefits of VBAC outweigh the risks. Here's hoping!

    ReplyDelete